Using frameless shower doors is preferable to the use of framed shower doors which leaves discoloration on the floor and several holes on the wall that they were fastened. Frameless shower door are enclosures that have little or no aluminum around the glass. They are transparent and attractive. The frameless shower doors can be made fully or partially of glass. Frameless glass shower doors are made of thick glass sheets which are strong and long lasting, are transparent and they have some glossy effects. The doors can be designed such that they will slide over each other or to have a door knob.
There several benefits associated with installing frameless glass bathroom doors as opposed to the ordinary framed doors:
· They are durable. These doors are made of glass that is treated mechanically and can withstand immense tension and pressure. They contain minimum metal in them thus the chances of formation of rust or leaving any stain is eliminated. The glass shower doors give a longer life as compared to the wooden frames too. Wooden frames are exposed to the chances of becoming dump, withering and also being infected by termites.
· They give a great visual appeal and creative flexibility. Frameless shower doors allows one the flexibility when choosing a specific height, matching the plumbing fixtures or a particular style. There are a number of colors which conform to the décor desired, whatever the color scheme.
· They are easy to maintain. The glass makes direct contact with the tiles and hence reduces corrosion that may build up from tracks of the framed door.
Frameless shower glass doors are available in a variety of types:
· Sliding doors. These have two or more sections and are designed to move over rollers and tracks. Maintenance and cleaning of these door types requires more effort since their design necessitate that the glasses be replaced once they wear off.
· The bi-fold glass doors. They are designed to open the door inwards. These types of doors have several advantages over the other types because they help avoid water leakage, their maintenance and cleaning requires minimal efforts and they are ideal for small shower rooms.
· Swinging frameless doors. These doors open outwardly thus are ideal for large bathroom spaces.
Frameless shower doors are easily installed with the help of the experts and they can be equipped with a various different options. There are various types of handles, towel racks, hinges, all in a variety of decorative finishes.